Go to ColorSchemeDesigner
Click “Random -> Randomize palette”
And with the resulting palette design a new character.
Surprisingly good way to get over art block
man if you have trouble with color or you’re feeling a little art blocky this is a blessing.
used it today for some warmups.
THis was fun~
One of the great things about the show Face Off is it basically gives you a free art prompt every week. So I’ve taken some episodes and put them in a 30 day challenge because there’s a good variety and why not. The point is to challenge yourself so have fun and don’t stress. Tag these with Face Off 30 Day Challenge because I’d love to see them.
1. Welcome to the Jungle: Make an anthro elephant, beetle, orostrich.
2. The Dancing Dead: Make a zombie.
3. Twisted Tails: Reimagine two characters from Hansel and Gretel, Three Little Pigs, or Red Riding Hood.
4. Return to Oz: Reimagine Dorthy, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, and Scarecrow.
5. Night Terrors: Make a horror movie villain.
6. Dangerous Beauty: Make a plant/animal hybrid using a dangerous animal and a deadly plant.
7. Burtonesque: Pretty self explanatory. Make a character that would appear in a Tim Burton film.
8. Dinoplasty: Make a dino anthro.
9. Pirate Treasure: make a pirate using an element of the sea in their design.
10. Year of the Dragon: Make a Chinese dragon based off a Chinese zodiac.
11. Supermobile: Make a superhero and sidekick based off of any vehicle.
12. Who’s the New Who?: Make an original Dr. Seuss character.
13. Junkyard Cyborg: Make a cyborg from a postapocalyptic world.
14. Make it Reign: Make a goblin king based off of an element.
15. When Hell Freezes Over: Make an ice demon.
16. Two Heads are Better than One: Make a giant with 2 heads.
17. Bugging Out: make a character/creature based off of a microscopic image.
18. Howl at the Moon: Make a werewolf that would live on a planet in our solar system.
19. It’s Better in the Dark Make a character/creature that would have glow in the dark markings.
20. Mummy Mayhem Make a mummy based off of an Egyptian god/goddess.
21. Mother Earth Goddess: Made a mother Earth goddess based off of your own mom or mother figure. I know not all moms are very good but keep in mind there are such things as natural disasters.
22. Living Art: Make a character based off of or in the style of a specific art movement.
23. Mortal Sins: Make a character based off of one of the seven deadly sins.
24. Dark Magic: Make an elf based off of a Norse rune.
25. Swan Song: Reimagine the sorcerer and swan from Swan Lake.
26. Sexy Beasts: Make a Beast from Beauty and the Beast based off of a dress worn by their Beauty.
27. Dragon’s Breath: Make an elemental dragon.
28. Guitar Gods: Make a character based off of a guitar.
29. Open Sesame: Make an elemental wizard.
30. Ego Trip Abroad: Make an anime alter ego of yourself.
Edit: This can be with whatever medium you prefer.
Update 5 on the ballroom dress
Jewellery added, better sleeves pic, full dress pic, Makeup and hair
Awwwyeah guys!! We’re (almost) Done!! I’m not posting anything anymore about the dress untill after Gala Nocturna.
Didn’t quite turn out the way i planned it at first, but it has the same mood. I love it!
Lol today I realized that lucy-corsetry had actually reblogged my first corset post! Omg yay I found her Youtube channel and she’s super pretty, but mainly extremely right with everything she says in her vids and very helpfull for those who are new to corsets (and i learnt some new things aswell), be sure to check her out!
Oh Btw! I thought of a name for the dress.
From now on, this dress will be known as the “Steampunk Fairy Forest Dress”AWWWWWYEAH.
(will probably be for sale in my etsy shop later)
Lilith Vanderstorme Modeling/Styling/Designing
Facebook: Captain Lilith Vanderstorme on FACEBOOK
Deviantart: Meankitty6 on DEVIANTART
My website: Captain Vanderstorme’s website
Model Mayhem: Model-Lilith on MODELMAYHEM
Etsy: Thread of Lilith on ETSY
So beautiful, both the dress and the woman, oh my!
I’m really curious to see this dress live! I hope I can take a picture at Gala Nocturna!
*Kryolan Shimmering Vision Interferenz Palette*
I have had this palette for a while now but I haven’t had the chance to sit down and have a play with it.
It’s a cream based make-up that is aimed for use as an eyeshadow, but they’re safe for use on the body as well.
They are all shimmery and the pigment is pretty good. They take a couple of swipes for a good opacity but taking into consideration that they are cream - its pretty good.
This palette is the only colour combination it comes in, but it covers all the necessary colour groups.
You have the top row which are the cool toned colours; White, Silver, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Purple and Gun Metal Charcoal.
The middle row are the warm toned colours; Yellow, Gold, Bronze, Copper, Bright Orange and Brown.
And then the last row contains colours including; Light Rose Pink, Red, Blush Pink, Light Purple, Teal and then Green.
I’ve tested these colours on the eyelids on their own and they look beautiful, BUT we mustn’t forget that these are cream and this means they do crease when worn alone.
When worn with an eyeshadow over the top they do grip to the skin a little better, but again, once the skin warms the product they will crease in the socket.
I’ve found over the years that less is more, and that if you apply the product to the lower part of the eyelid and drag the excess upwards (and do-not apply it close to the socket-line) then it wears better.
My favourite cream eyeshadows are Maybelline 24HR Tattoo Eyeshadows - these stick to the eye without creasing and the pigment pay-off is immense!
But the shimmer and glow of these Kryolan ones are hard to beat, it’s just a shame they aren’t durable like the Maybelline ones.
Overall all, I do like this palette and LOVE the colours!!! I would recommend it to makeup artists for photo shoots as you can keep an eye on the product and do touch-ups as necessary. AND it would be a fab product to place on the face & body in other areas, such as the cheekbones for avant garde looks!
But I don’t think this palette is suited as an eyeshadow as its too creamy to stay in place.